Click RUN but it does nothing

edited January 2016 in JavaScript Mode

I'm on a mac air, osx 10.9.5. I have tried both processing 2 and 3, I'm trying to use the code for pixel sorting because I'm trying to make glitch art. I do everything I'm supposed to but when I click RUN it doesn't work. It doesn't even say "failed", it just does nothing. I've tried different codes too to see if it was just that specific one, but none of them will run. So I don't really know what's wrong with the application.

Answers

hard to tell...

you could re-install processing,

update the driver for graphics card

or in preferences increase the memory to let's say 4600

wait longer for something to happen

try another computer

• did you try this one

void setup()
    {
      // init
      size(800, 600);
    } // func 

void draw() 
    { 
      background(255);

triangle(30, 75, 58, 20, 86, 75);
    } // func 

• Still nothing. I think it might just be that the run is taking a long time. I've left it open for hours but still nothing. It's only 295 lines. Is there anything I can do to speed it up?

• edited January 2016

Did you try Chrisir's suggestion? And none of the bundled examples will run? Nothing shows up in the console or error panels? (Processing 3).

• Yea I tried it. Nothing works and nothing shows up in the panel

• Gads, that's just weird. Unfortunately I don't have a Mac to test on. I assume you've removed and reinstalled the JDK, cleaning up any config files and folders and all that? Removed your previous Processing folders and installed everything clean? I've done that on this PC with earlier versions of Processing, including cleaning up the Windows registry as well. I'll do some more brain scratching but I'm not sure I can be of any specific help without a Mac.