Help menu items greyed out

edited December 2015 in Using Processing

Installed Processing 3.0.1 (previously 2.x) on OSX 10.11.2, and installed several libraries and the Python mode. Opened some Examples. Noticed all of the Help menu items (except Search) were greyed out. Ran Disk Utility > First Aid, because another post mentioned file permissions adjustments (no details were given in that post). Help items still greyed out. Exited Processing3 and relaunched it. Help menu items are now visible. I know at least one other person reported this issue but I cannot reproduce it (yet). Just a guess, but Disk Utility might have fixed it but a restart was required to recognize the fix.

Answers

• I'm not sure Python mode has anything to do with the problem it's just one of the things I installed. This post should not apply "only" to Python mode.

Today the Help menu items are greyed out again. The Macbook has been asleep. Presently in Java mode. Close Processing & restart. Grey help menu with default new empty script showing. Open Recent items > script I closed. Help menu items work properly. Bring focus back to empty default script - help menu items greyed out. Adding some text to empty default script does not improve help menu. Saving new script does not help. Changing focus back to recently saved script reveals Help menu items...

I'm about ready to submit a bug report. Any others who can verify this behaviour? Thanks Andy

• Hi Andy. Happening to me as well.