p5 libraries in processing 3

edited December 2015 in Android Mode

I was just wonderring - is it possible to use p5 libraries in processing? I would love to use the p5.play library here, and because p5 is strictly based on processing I guess this should be possible. What should i do to make it work?

Tagged:

Answers

• edited December 2015

The p5 libraries are writting in Processing.

You won't be able to use them Processing java in their current form.

One option is to port the javascript code to java (basically re-write the library in java) but this may be time consuming.

What is the main reason you would like to use processing java instead of p5 ? Any particular functionalities you can't currently use with p5 ? If so, I recommend having a look at the p5.js, node.js, socket.io wiki article. Once you get p5.js and node.js rolling you should be able to use an npm package that might provide a functionality Processing has, but p5.js in it's browser form can't use (e.g. serialport as a js replacement for processing.serial)

• Oh, I see - thanks for Your answer.

Well I would like to practice simple android app development using processing. To make it look more unique i've decided to find some good sprite animation libraries. I've went through Frames and Sprites, bit thoes are not as complex as p5.play.

Back to Your question - I would like to be able to easily compile project for android with no need to setup localhost on PC to preview the app on tablet using mobile browser. I am interestet in debugging dirrectly on device. I know that there are some ways to save html+js apps as apk's but those seems to be time consuming. Meybe i am missing something.

Could You give me some advice on possible setups that could do the trick for me?