2D-in-3D Game and Engine

edited November 2013 in Share Your Work

So this is a sort of repost from the previous P5 forum, but there are enough new changes that I think it could warrant a new thread for the screenshots. I've built up a 2D-in-3D game engine (and subsequent action game) using P5. It features 2D sprites moving around in a 3D environment, but with the camera rotating 360 around the player. The engine features a bunch of nice things like an integrated JavaScript engine for scripting levels, a full level editor, a physics engine (Box2D), and other things (cutscene system, particle effects, etc.). Here are some screenshots; several of which are animated. More can be seen on my (blog)(with frequent updates now). Also, I apologize in advance; the GIF making process makes the animations look really glitchy; I'll need to come up with a new way to record soon.

imageScreenshot

imageAnimated: Basic spinning room

imageAnimated: Battling zombies

imageAnimated: Pushing furniture around

There are some neat gameplay mechanics in the game I'm building to showcase the engine features as well. It's a zombie shooter, but less action and more adventure. To unlock new areas to explore, the player has to collect clues and search for items to open secret doors. It's difficult to name all of the elements though, since my head is so deep in the game right now.