Shortcut for comment/uncomment and increase/decrease indent on a german keyboard

edited November 2015 in Using Processing

Hello Community,

as this is my first post, please be kind if I posted in the wrong section. I used the search function of the board but couldn't find anything.

In the lecture at the university we recently discussed the problem with the shortcuts mentioned in the headline. On a german keyboard the keys "\" and "/" as well as "[" and "]" have to be pressed with shift oder strg+alt. Due to this circumstance it is not possible to use these shortcuts, what is in fact pretty annoying if I may say so.

Is there any solution for this as i haven't found anything on the internet yet?

I bet a keyboard-shortcut-editor could be a bit offscale, but is there any possibility to just edit it by the staff so it doesn't have any conflicts with a non-QUERTY keyboard? I can imagine on other european keyboards it could be even worse. Is it not possible to stick to the keys every keyboard has? Please don't get me wrong!! I am just asking because it slows down the speed dramatically if you don't have the opportunity to use a lot of shortcuts.

Thanks for your attention, I hope to hear someone soon. michael

edit: just another thought - maybe keyboard-layout specific presets or shortcuts that change with the program language.

Comments