P3 eating my hard disk....

edited October 2015 in Android Mode

working with P3 && launching an app i got a weird error message "no space left on the device" i firstly thought that it was the phone, but it was not i saw at this time that on my hard disk very little space was left but i have normally a lot of space on this disk and i have not added nothing to it, only working with P3 that i suspected to add files and files. I looked at these files, which are temp files:: and found that i have 15Go created in these subfolders... I deleted them of course and now my disk is as it was. BUT i think that adding some method to destroy these temp files is mandatory!!!

Tagged:

Answers

• Use some util program like CCleaner: https://en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/CCleaner

• @GoToLoop== of course!!! or onyx (osx)....but i think that other softwares which create temp files are also able to delete them at some moment or to ask the user to do that, or setting that in preferences or... before creating a general crash!

• I had the same with P2..

• edited October 2015

yes, and that is not normal (against GoToLoop) because i am a developer so i can solve it;) but WHO (processing philosophy) is able to find the temp (unvisible) files??? - it is NECESSARY that in Processing exits either an alert or some preference or something of this kind (deleting temp files which are older than1 year!!!!) if i have not understood what what happening i loosed a lot of things!!!

• In CCleaner @ Options -> Advanced, we can mark to only delete items in Bin & Temp folders after 24 hours older.

• edited October 2015

@GoToLoop::: i know that; and so??? when using P3 you have to get CCleaner???

i am asking :: why p3 is doing HD-invasor without asking me???

Where i can find some advertisement about this in P3.docs??? --- ""install CClceaner"....

• && futhermore:: for what (technical) purpose???
  • edited October 2015 Answer ✓
    • PDE needs to create ".java" files and compile them somewhere.
    • Default place is some temp folder.
    • Windows doesn't clean those automatically.
    • So something else gotta take that dirty task!
    • Or try your luck and ask for this feature here:
      https://GitHub.com/processing/processing/issues
  • @GoToLoop=== yes, of course, P3 (or..) have to get some temp folders but temp folders cannot be for-ever-folders, no??? as for asking to github, no, this problem has not to be asked:: it is evident

• edited October 2015

@goToLoop== you said==

Windows doesn't clean those automatically.

i am with osX Yosemite

and do you know some os which does this "dirty job" automatically???

linux???

:)]

• I believe some Linux distros install or configure something to clean up "tmp/".
    But by itself, not even Linux does that automatically by default.

• yes!!! of course!!! garbage coollector! :))