Processing java display window didn't pop up as clashing with eduroam wifi (WPA/WPA2 Enterprise)

edited October 2015 in Using Processing

Problems Description

my processing could not run when linking to the eduroam wifi. (as I study in UK, eduroam is an enterprise wifi, as I wrote in the title, it's a WPA/WPA2 Enterprise type wifi). when I press 'run' button, no display window pops up. I looked up in the Activity Monitor, I could see a java process running in the background. It just not to be visible. If I press the 'run' twice, there would be 2 java processes running in the background. Still, no windows pop up.

As soon as I changed to other wifi (I tried to connect to my iPhone hotspot and went to a nearby coffee shop where provides a free wifi) or just turn off the wifi, these windows will pop up, and my processing works fine.

It seems that eduroam clashes with my processing. However, as my classmates work well with it, I wonder where goes wrong.

Settings

1. My operating system is El Capitan.
  2. My processing version is 3.
  3. My java version is the latest.
  4. The file I used to run is just the inbuilt example of processing.

Things I have tried

1. I have tried different versions of Processing and reinstalled them on my laptop.
  2. I have updated my java to latest version and the setting of my java is same with others.
  3. I have deleted the eduroam in my wifi setting also the one in my keychain access.
  4. As When I tried to login the eduroam the first time, it asked to install a certification. I deleted it and when I tried to reconnect to it, I need to install it again. I will put the picture in the clue part.
  5. I have typed "sudo lsof -PiTCP -sTCP:LISTEN" in my terminal, I could see all those java processes have the right ports (ranges from 8000 to 9000), they just don't pop up as display windows.
  6. I didn't install any profiles of this wifi, just the certification. And I went to university IT help desk. and my wifi setting seems ok.

Clues

here are the certification I were asked to install, hope it helps.

the problem description is a little long, but, anyway, I guess I am the first one that run into this problem, I really need your help.

Thank you very much!!!

Answers

• I believe I am dealing with a very similar issue. Thanks for all the detail that you provided. Using Macbook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013) with OS X 10.11.1, 4GB Memory, and Intel HD Graphics 500 1536 MB. Sketches (even simple line(15, 25, 70, 90);) will not run on my home wi-fi, or work wi-fi. No errors are generated when I run via command line, or if i monitor with the Console utility. Two days ago I had a file running perfectly. Not sure what possibly could have changed and I have exhausted a lot of options troubleshooting. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.