Library Mangement System using RFID Arduino

edited October 2015 in Arduino

Hello , I am naman gautam. Sir i want to develop a library mangement system for my college library but i am having issues with building database. how can i use processing with SQL and then connect it to Arduino. I just want to know how could i start with developing this using processing software though and can connect this to Arduino. I had once connect arduino to processing and make a basic switch program so i have some basic knowledge about processing. I have already worked with Arduino so i am having problem with processing and SQL.

Tagged:

Answers

• edited October 2015

Hey,

connecting an arduino to processing and a SQL-database is possible, there is a library for that.

But when i think about the background of your question (building a libray-management-system for a college), i doubt that processing is the best idea for such a complex project. Personally i would go for a browser-based approach with python or php.

• Thank you Sir. This really help. But you said something about web-browser approach using python or php, So can i connect arduino to that browser so when someone shows the RFID card it will pop up automatically? I have done some programming with python, so can i built a interface(using tkinter) with SQL in python, and connect it to arduino..? In that case it would be easier.

• Yes, you can use python for arduino stuff. The programming language does not matter in most cases, you should use what you feel comfortable with. I have no experience with tkinter, but it should work too.

There are so many ways to achieve this, i cannot really decide wich is the best for your situation. Is this just a fun project? Are you payed for it? How many people are going to use this? What is important for them? How many books are in the library? How are they managed at the moment and do you have to integrated the current system?

If this part of your studies or a project for you to learn something, then you should just pick the language you prefer. Otherwise, there are also open-source solutions like koha and evergreen, which you should have alook at. Maybe they fit your needs and save you some work.