Using multiple Audio Inputs with sound library

edited October 2015 in Library Questions

Hey guys,

I am trying to set up processing, so that it can read more than just two audio inputs.

I send the audio streams from Reaktor and basicially I just want to open them with Processing for now.

Due to the fact that you can't specify the Inputs Minim is using ( if there is a way to specify, that would work for me too!), I switched over to the standard Sound Library because I think it should be possible to open specific streams with it:

AudioIn(parent, input channel)

And the input channel should just specify which input you want to open.

So it should be possible to just go through the channels (1,2,3...) as long as I send something from Reaktor, which I do using Soundflower 64ch.

import processing.sound.*;

AudioDevice device;
AudioIn in0, in1, in2, in3;

void setup () {
  size (500,400);
  background (127);

//device = new AudioDevice (this, 44100, 1024);

in0 = new AudioIn (this,0);
  in1 = new AudioIn (this,1);
  in2 = new AudioIn (this,2);
  in3 = new AudioIn (this,3);

in0.play();
  in1.play();
  in2.play();
  in3.play();
}

Now I do get the Audio from the first two AudioIns, but everything seems like it is lost or that processing (or at least the sound lib) is not possible to open more than two AudioIns. That would actually be really bad for me. I have also checked with max/msp and I can read in all the channels that reaktor is sending with max, so it is not a setup problem, but it is really a problem on Processing.

Anybody got any experience in using multiple Inputs (more than 2) in processing?

Is the code wrong or do I need to do something different for more inputs?

Thanks for the help in advance.