problem with p5js sound in chrome

Hello there!

I have a problem with the P5js sound library in Chrome. If I try to open any sketch that includes the sound library in my chrome browser, it says »loading…«, but nothing happens. (In Firefox & Safari it works.) The examples in the reference on the P5js sound page work just fine in chrome.

But the scripts on this site are also not working in chrome. coursescript.com/notes/interactivecomputing/sound/

What could be the reason for this? Since I am quite new to coding, I am running out of ideas…

Thanks a lot for any help!

Tagged:

Answers

• Answer ✓

What could be the reason for this?

Could be a [now solved] bug... I can confirm that when I open the contents of one of the coursescript demos I see a number of errors output in Chrome's console. Interestingly when I replicated the exact same sketch code and ran it on a local server it worked just fine... Which led me to the probable cause: look at the version and date of p5.sound.js being used on the coursescript page.

What version of p5.sound.js are you using? Also are you trying to test with local files? In this case Chrome's security will block the loading of the sound file: you need to run a local test server <(FAQ)>(

• Thanks guys! In the end it was quite simple. Just like blindfish said, it had something to do with my version of p5.sound.js. Now I feel quite stupid. Sorry for taking your time^^