How to modify a processing sketch in the desktop using a mobile device

I'm a noob. How can I modify a processing sketch in the desktop using a mobile device?

Answers

• What exactly do you mean by modify?

• In a pc I use a processing sketch where an ellipse follow the mouse. Can I move the ellipse in the pc using the fingers in a mobile device that send the mouseX mouseY data from the mobile device screen?

• Can I move the ellipse in the pc using the fingers in a mobile device that send the mouseX mouseY data from the mobile device screen?

In principle yes: a sketch running in the browser (or an App) on the mobile could send data back to a server which is then read by a sketch running on the PC. In practice this is a fairly complex undertaking and likely to require some coding outside of Processing (e.g. server-side scripting to parse incoming data) so not a good starting project for a 'noob'... Do you have previous coding experience in other languages?

• Answer ✓

It may be not so hard task actually, because of existence of net library. Using examples for that library, it is not hard to make communication between sketches on 2 different machines. The hard thing is Android side, as usually there is a number of problems to make it work. But, looks like it is possible: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnjNO21o_lU

• Thank you all. I will try the Ater's suggestion.

• The Ater's video is exactly what I want to do?

• Just to clarify, the video is not mine, so I can't share a solution.