two image layers

Hello there, the following code loads pictures (background-pictures) to the display. with the mouseDragged function i want another picture to be displayed over the background-picture. this works well but the movable picture leaves a track when being moved because the background-picture is not refreshed. the question is: how do i refresh the backgorund so that the movable picture is just visible on its actual position? thanks a lot!

void keyPressed()
{
if(key == CODED)      
  {
    if(keyCode == RIGHT)  //show next picture 
    {  
    if(index <= 90)
      {  
       index++;  
      }   
    }
    if(keyCode == LEFT)  //show previous picture
    { 
     if(index >= 1)
      {     
      index--;      
      }     
    }    
  }
   image(meinBilderArray[index], 0, 0); 
   fill(50,50,0,80);
   rect(100, 880, index*10 , 20);
}

void mouseDragged()
{
 image(lineal, mouseX, mouseY-400);  //show a second picture 
}                                    //that can be moved over the first one. 
                                     //but because this picture is on top, 
                                     //it always leaves a track that covers 
                                     //the background-picture
Tagged:

Answers

• _vk_vk
    Answer ✓

call the base image from draw() (first thing) not from keyPresssed(). (line20)

• Thanks! It´s getting better. I want the second picture to be visible all the time, but not leaving a track on the background. Now it does not leave a track anymore, but it´s not visible while the mouse is not moved. For better understanding: Second picture is a ruler and you can place it wherever you want on the background-picture. When you have finally placed it, it shall not disappear.

• _vk_vk
    Answer ✓

You have than to conditionally draw (in draw()) the selected images. Things drawn in callback functions (like mouseDragged()) got erased by things drawn in draw().

• It works! Thank you so much!:-) i don´t know why i didn´t try to draw things in draw...