Can't see or install Android Mode

edited August 2015 in Android Mode

Howdy,

The issue: Processing 2.1.1 doesn't show Android Mode. Later versions of Processing, i.e. 3.0a11, does have Android Mode, but can't locate the library.

I have been looking around for the reason my Processing won't properly show (or load) the Android Mode and Library. I followed the Instructions here (installed both SDK Studio, when that didn't work I also got the standalone installer). I confirm that I have the SDKs installed, and I have Processing 2.1.1. I Installed the Android SDK to default location. I installed the packages too.

I have downloaded the AndroidMode.zip file and placed it in "C:\Users[me]\Documents\Processing\modes".

When I open Processing 2.1.1, there is no option for "Android" mode, just Java and Debugging. I can't "Add Mode", because AndroidMode doesn't show up in the list. (I swear though, once it did show up, but greyed out saying it's not compatible with my version of Processing...but I can't recreate that so maybe I'm mistaken).

I then browsed around and saw suggestions to get the latest build of Processing, so I got version 3.0a11 to try it out. (Note: I tried with 3.0a5, but when trying to add AndroidMode via "Add Mode", it's greyed out with note "Android Mode is not compatible with this version of Processing.")

Aha! Now I see "AndroidMode" as an option, and can choose it. Processing refreshes briefly, and it looks like I'm in Android mode.

...except, when I try to put even one line of code "import android.view.MotionEvent;", it says "Cannot find 'android.view' library". (Using "import android.*;" results in the same:

What am I missing? Did I misintall something? I've done the troubleshooting found in most threads I found, but no solution for my issue yet... :/

Note: I have read this thread and this one, to no avail.

Thanks so much for any advice or ideas!!!

Answers