libfreenect and libusb installation

edited June 2015 in Library Questions

Hi! New here, just started my project last week. I've been a developer for 36 years but never on a Mac (except for some Arduino programming), so.... I have the problem mentioned in this thread: forum.processing.org/two/discussion/873 And I am trying to implement the answer in this reply: forum.processing.org/two/discussion/873/#Comment_2677

I have installed the SimpleOpenNI libraries and have done some basic Processing coding (I'm a C programmer by day).

But I don't even understand the words in the second part of the answer, about installing libraries.

Can someone here point me to a resource that will help me get started to get those libraries installed? It looks like I have to download source code, then build it?

Thanks very much.

Tagged:

Answers

• Thanks! I think I've done all that, but this is the error I get (about libfreenect): What might I be missing or doing incorrectly?

SimpleOpenNI Version 1.96 #

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

SIGILL (0x4) at pc=0x000000011b69c0b4, pid=2071, tid=51755

#

JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_55-b13) (build 1.7.0_55-b13)

Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.55-b03 mixed mode bsd-amd64 compressed oops)

Problematic frame:

C [libfreenect.0.1.2.dylib+0x40b4] freenect_camera_init+0x178

#