Program fails to terminate on Linux

Hi all,

I'm using Processing libraries in Eclipse for an optimization process. I export my code as a runnable jar and that's how I'm using it. But whenever my code works on Linux I get the following message at the end of each run:

X11Util.Display: Shutdown (JVM shutdown: true, open (no close attempt): 1/1, reusable (open, marked uncloseable): 0, pending (open in creation order): 1) X11Util: Open X11 Display Connections: 1 X11Util: Open[0]: NamedX11Display[:0, 0x7fc62956bfd0, refCount 1, unCloseable false]

even though I'm just using exit() to terminate my code rather than System.exit(int). When I run my code just one time I get this error but the process is terminated in the end. However for the optimization I need to run this piece of code hundreds of times, and when I do that optimization process gets stuck at some point and I can only keep it going by killing the java processes with:

$ pkill -f 'java -jar'

I assume this command kills the processes that couldn't be terminated. Can anyone understand why I'm getting the message I stated above and why the processes are not being terminated?