Foreign Characters are not Displayed

edited April 2015 in How To...

I am attempting to make a game I made in Processing bilingual, and the first language that I am trying to introduce alongside English is Thai. For whatever reason, Processing is not displaying Thai characters at all. I have already verified that the font was exported to include all available characters, and yet it is still not working. On top of that, the font that I am trying to use clearly supports Thai characters as is displayed when testing the text and font in Microsoft Word. What can I do to resolve the issue?

Answers

• edited April 2015 Answer ✓

Have you included the right character range when you exported the font?

Alternatively, you can just drop the TTF font in the data folder (only if you want to export the application, otherwise it just needs to be in the system) and use createFont() instead.

I successfully displayed Korean and Japanese characters in Processing.

• The first time that I exported the character's, I selected Thai characters from the custom characters option. When that did not work, I then selected the "All Characters" option with still no success. I will have to try the TTF font thing you mentioned, as I have never done that before.