Recompile exported application using "sources" and "lib" folders

edited November 2013 in How To...

I'm not very used to Java, but I seem to have the files to recompile an exported application (made with Processing), without having Processing.

I mean: first, I create an sketch, export it as an application and get 2 folders ("lib", and "sources"). Then, using the java source in "sources" folder, how could I recompile linking it with the libraries in "lib" folder? [SDK already installed]

Answers

• Answer ✓

Why would you want to recompile the sketch?

The sources are here for information, and to encourage open sourcing the sketches. They are not needed for running the exported sketch.

• edited November 2013

I wanted to share an exported project to a guy who works with Java but doesn't have Processing. So I though there was a way to compile it with those folders without installing Processing.

Ah, the main reason born because the project needs to connect with webcam, and there's no way in Processing to let the user choose the source, so he may want to change that and recompile it.

• Answer ✓

OK. I wanted to be sure there was a good reason... :-)

Well, take a look at the Processing in Eclipse tutorial. I think your friend can use the exported .java file(s) in Eclipse, along with the exported libraries (at least core.jar).

Now, it can be simpler to just download and "install" (unzip) Processing...