We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › G4P new release (1.6)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
G4P new release (1.6) (Read 3045 times)
G4P new release (1.6)
Jun 8th, 2010, 11:58am

The latest release of the G4P library includes a new component the GImageButton where images can be used to create irregular/discontinuous shaped buttons.

Examples of image buttons can be seen here
http://www.lagers.org.uk/g4p/applets/g4p_image_buttons/index.html

Smiley
Re: G4P new release (1.6)
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2010, 1:53pm

Pretty cool! this update came faster than expected...
Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2010, 12:56am

Glad you like the update, writing the actual code was straightforward it took me longer to make the various images as I am not very artistic.

Anyway it's back to Shapes3D as I have started codeing a new shape for the library (provided my maths is up to it). This is significantly harder than the image buttons so it will be a while before it becomes available.
Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2010, 1:41am

Nicely done, flexible and with good feedback (hover, on click...).
Good job!
The coin example is a bit disturbing as the area changing with hover is different from the hover/click area...
Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2010, 6:08am

Quote:
The coin example is a bit disturbing as the area changing with hover is different from the hover/click area...

True it is a bit artificial but it was to demonstrate the use of transparecy and partial masking .
Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2010, 6:22am

Yes, it is part of the flexibility... The Tom & Jerry button is similar, somehow...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1