We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Forum bug (Read 4880 times)
Forum bug
May 21st, 2010, 6:12am

Hi, my main login ( JohnG ) has apparently been deelted.. or turned into an "Ex Member" I'm still logged into it in a different browser, and it's showing me that I have 12 messages in my inbox (which is right) but I can't post any messages, or actually look at my profile.
Re: Forum bug
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2010, 8:21am

yeh, me too, i was recently deleted (guess i don't post often enough?  found your thread here while looking for explanation)

i just recreated my account, seemed to go without trouble (since i didnd't have any stored messages)
Reply #2 - May 21st, 2010, 2:54pm

i moved/removed some accounts as part of casey and i's fight against the spammers, but it seems to have picked up some good accounts, and perhaps broken other things along the way. i've reinstated everything again so hopefully things are back to normal.

sadly, we're spending many hours maintaining the board and fighting with these things but in spite of the work, things go bad and makes folks unhappy. bear with us...
Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2010, 12:14am

Finally back here. Felt like forever Smiley
Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2010, 12:16am

Cedric, that's great news!
Davbol, that shouldn't have happened. Only people with 0 posts ever should have been removed.
JohnG, please try again and let me know. We've reverted to before the change.
Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2010, 1:12am

Back again too... It was disturbing and annoying to remain locked at the doors of the forum. I missed my daily dose of Discourse! Smiley
Thanks to hard work from fry and REAS, I am back and kicking (with moderator power, I can kick hard! Wink). Had to change my display name when changing my password Sad

Funnily, editing my profile after logging in, I found out I had made exactly 4000 posts. Perhaps the script looked at all these zeros and found out I was a good candidate for deletion? (just joking... Tongue)
Oh, at the start of this month, it was exactly 2 years I am here... Cheesy
Time goes fly when you have fun. I learned a lot here, and I expect to learn lot more.
Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2010, 11:18am

Hi all,

So I was dusting off my profile which I hadn't really used much. Updating info, etc. In the Profile settings there seem to be some things broken though. I'd love to set e-mail notification on, and adjust to my timezone. Upon saving this page, I get an error about some invalid character in my (non-existent?) picture name or url.

Apart from that, saving profile info takes you on an interesting tour of profile pages: in order to see or change my email address or website url, I had to click "Edit Profile", remove the automatically filled in password, click "Save Changes", then got suddenly prompted to change my display name, as it being the same as my account name would spark problems(?), then had to again remove the password, click Save Changes again and then was taken to the secret page where you can alter contact info & website details. Again there, I was suddenly asked to name the url which was already filled in.

Hehe, quite a trip huh?
Reply #7 - May 24th, 2010, 2:12am

I'm still locked out. I can't even do a Password Reminder for "JohnG" as it's claiming it doesn't exist.
Reply #8 - May 26th, 2010, 2:40am

Hi,

my account was also deleted Sad Is there a fix?
Reply #9 - May 26th, 2010, 2:49am

should be fixed by now after they reseted everything to an earlier stage before the changes were made. Do you still get the same error message?
Reply #10 - May 26th, 2010, 4:38am

I saw NoahBuddy had to re-create his account, and in thread Processing Plugin for Eclipse -- Proclipsing Beta! Matt Parker is marked as ex-member.
Reply #11 - May 26th, 2010, 6:27am

yes unfortunately my account still doesn't exist.
Reply #12 - Jun 9th, 2010, 5:23am

Hey, a forum member calles "jazz" just wrote me, that her account is still not available... just in case you can look up a given name and reactivate the account.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1