We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Stroke issue with Tile Saver
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Stroke issue with Tile Saver (Read 1256 times)
Stroke issue with Tile Saver
May 20th, 2010, 2:39am

Hi, I am trying to render a high res version of my processing sketch with toxi's Tile Saver code from this thread - http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/num_1248245155.html

However, the resulting image differs from the original render (see attached image), and I can't figure out what am I doing wrong. The sketch is composed of points and lines with just stroke, and it appears like the scaling doesn't apply to the strokeWeight or alpha or sth.

Has anybody bumped into this any advice highly appreciated.

-l...
Re: Stroke issue with Tile Saver
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2010, 3:32am

i think the problem could be your scaling down. can you post a crop of the tilesaver output, one the same size as the 'original render' (or a link to a fullsize version)
Reply #2 - May 20th, 2010, 5:37am

the problem is that the tilesaver works by shifting and zooming the cam. The strokeSize doesnt change when zooming. So it looks much thinner in the final highres image. I had that problem as well. You can easily add a variable like scaleFactor and add it wherever you call strokeWeight.

for example strokeWeight(10*scaleFactor) . You have to add strokeWeight(scaleFactor) when there is no strokeWeight yet and you just use the default.

now you can just change that factor related to your output size. If your final images is 4 times bigger, just change the scaleFactor to 4. May look to big on screen but is correct in the final image.
Reply #3 - May 20th, 2010, 6:14am

yes, basically you're using the same pencil but the paper is now 4 times larger.

you need a thicker pencil 8)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1