We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Creating a sketch thats larger than the screen res
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Creating a sketch thats larger than the screen res (Read 674 times)
Creating a sketch thats larger than the screen res
May 18th, 2010, 12:58pm

Hi,
I created an app with an intended size of 1784 x 1956 that I was intending to place inside an HTML page, with some JavaScript scroll functionality so that, you could scroll around the app, within a smaller display window.

my native screen res is 1920 x 1200 and now ive just found out that processing wont create a sketch larger than your screen res, so it is trimming my sketch and Im losing some content. Ive read that  the functions createGraphics() and PGraphics() can be used to remedy this, but Im not exactly clear on how it works. Basically I just want to be able to render the sketch to the intended size, without the content that lies outside my screen res being cut off.

is this possible?

Thanks
Justin
Re: Creating a sketch thats larger than the screen res
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2010, 2:41pm

Just tested it in a browser, apparently the above doesnt apply when running in a browser, and it renders the whole sketch to full size fine...sorry for not checking before asking!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1