We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › open(); problem!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
open(); problem! (Read 1437 times)
open(); problem!
May 7th, 2010, 6:32am

hey I'm bulding an app and i wanted it to open other apps so I'm using tge open("appname.app);

the first problem i encountered was the directory... i couldn't make it work unless it was on the Applications folder ( I'm on a mac)

the second problem is when i'm in a main app opening other app the new app's window stays "behind" the main app. Is there anyway to make it open "in front" of the main app?
Re: open(); problem!
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2010, 9:50am

anyone? pleaseeee  Undecided
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2010, 1:51pm

so... on the apps that are going to be opened i put the code Code:
setAlwaysOnTop(); 

and they came to top but they don't respond to the TUIO touches... while if i open one only they do!

Can't it be two windows using the same library opened at the same time?
Reply #3 - May 8th, 2010, 6:54am

still no one?  :s
Reply #4 - May 8th, 2010, 12:43pm

Not sure I fully understand your question.
You may want to put quotes in your path.. not sure if it is needed on the mac but I know it does with windows "\"".  Otherwise, if you have a path with a space in it, it will not work.  Also consider the exec() command.

As far as bringing the window to the front, not sure about that one.  It should open in front, unless your in some present / full-screen mode.  The set on top may work as you suggest, also consider the setFocus commands as it seems your having a problem gaining focus, even after on top.
Reply #5 - May 9th, 2010, 10:24am

i have! in the app that opens i have
Code:
setVisible(true);
frame.toFront();
frame.setFocusable(true);
frame.setFocusableWindowState(true);
frame.requestFocus();

and nothing :s
Reply #6 - May 9th, 2010, 10:29am

is there anyway to get focus from the library?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1