We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Spray can technique help
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Spray can technique help (Read 1173 times)
Spray can technique help
Apr 30th, 2010, 6:30am

Hi all,

I am making a bit of progress into a spray can technique.  Here is what I have so far:-

Code:
     strokeWeight (0);
stroke (0,0,0,0);

paintcolour = color(red, green, blue);
blobsize_spray = int(blobsize) * 10;

// Stop the size getting too big
if (blobsize_spray > 100) { blobsize_spray = 100; }

for (int i = blobsize_spray; i>0; i-=5){
fill (paintcolour,(((255-i)/(flow))));
ellipse (mouseX,mouseY,i,i);
}

This resides in the mousePressed() and draws a spray can style ellipse on the screen and blends nicely.  

How could I modify this code so there is a drip coming from the paint and dependant on how many ellipses are drawn, then the larger the drip?

Can anyone give me any pointers please?
Re: Spray can technique help
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2010, 8:51am

It would be super helpful if you posted either the entire code for the sketch, or a working section of code that shows the concept simplified.

As it is, we can't just copy and paste what you've given us to see what it's doing!
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2010, 12:12am

Through some gravity into it.
Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2010, 1:49am

I recall one or two sketches showing drips. Perhaps a forum search might give some base? (use the Google search box on top of each page, it is the most efficient for generic searches)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1