We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › compatibility problem with midi libraries
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
compatibility problem with midi libraries (Read 943 times)
compatibility problem with midi libraries
Apr 6th, 2010, 8:56am

Hello everyone!

I've been running into some problems with midi libraries and I wanted to know if someone knew the problem or had a solution.

I need to have an external software to manually tap a BPM according to a song. I tried midiClock 1.2 but each time i run both midiClock and a processing sketch with midi (I tried RWMidi, midiPro and busMidi all lastest versions) it crashes with the message : Invalid memory access of location 0x1c eip=0x969a4ce6.

So I wanted to make a midiClock type software in max/msp but as soon as I start max (without any patch running) it still crashes with the same error !

If I have nothing else but my processing sketch open, it works flawlessly.

I have updated my mmj.js in my java folder
Running processing 1.1
On mac OS 10.5.8

Thank you !
Re: compatibility problem with midi libraries
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2010, 3:21pm

I have the same problem but on Mac OS 10.6.3, any ideas on how to get MIDI working?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1