We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › proXML question
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
proXML question (Read 809 times)
proXML question
Mar 21st, 2010, 11:29pm

learning proXML and can't figure something out. I've figured out how to navigate through the tree structure of an xml file, but what I can't figure out is how to access the information between the starting and ending node, in other words:

<node> i want to print this stuff </node>

is this possible in proXML?

i've made a loop that goes through every node in the tree structure asking if the node is a text element, every single one returns false. i've run the same loop but applying the getText() function with every node returning null.
Re: proXML question
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2010, 1:43am

Out of curiosity, why are you using proXML instead of native XML support in Processing
Are there features in proXML missing in XML Import library (XMLElement example seems to answer your question)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1