We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › G4P Cool Sliders for your GUI
Pages: 1 2 
G4P Cool Sliders for your GUI (Read 4954 times)
G4P Cool Sliders for your GUI
Mar 18th, 2010, 4:23pm

G4P now has some cool sliders to enhance your GUI. Try them out here.

Re: G4P Cool Sliders for your GUI
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2010, 5:50pm

Ah, much prettier than the version I was using! Do they feature snap on ticked values?
Reply #2 - Mar 19th, 2010, 12:15am

Yes they do.

The example shown is included with the library and this demonstrates how to do that.

Reply #3 - Mar 19th, 2010, 12:26am

uhh, pretty nice.
Thanks Quark!
Reply #4 - Mar 19th, 2010, 12:49am

Credit where credit is due -

The new sliders were created by Andreas Freise and Daniel Brown because they wanted to use G4P but needed some nice sliders to work with their library gwoptics I simply integrated them into G4P.

So all 3 of us say thanks for the nice comments.
Smiley
Reply #5 - Mar 19th, 2010, 11:09am

very nice!
Reply #6 - Mar 23rd, 2010, 10:37am

Great! Another resource to make my life easier and help me concentrate on the fun-aspects of Processing.
Reply #7 - Mar 29th, 2010, 2:24am

I've used this great library in my recent sketch (Jumpman Senior). Thank's a lot.
However, I think I've discovered a small bug. It seems that I can't initialize a slider on the left-most value.
f.e. a slider from 1-7 and initialized at "1" will give me a "0" until I touch it with the mouse...
Reply #8 - Apr 1st, 2010, 3:49am

I can't reproduce the problem and I just saw the problem in the level slider in your jumpman game.

Could you post the code you used to create and initialise the 'level' slider.

Make sure you are using setLimits(1,1,7) on the slider in the setup()

I believe I have found the bug and have a solution - I need to test the solution before I issue a new version of G4P - hopefully very soon.

Thanks for reporting it.

Smiley
Reply #9 - Apr 1st, 2010, 11:40am

The bug reported by Bejoscha has not been fixed with version 1.5.2 of G4P.  Cheesy

This version also includes some improved functionality for the textfield component which can be seen here.
Smiley
Reply #10 - Apr 2nd, 2010, 8:23pm

These are very nice - I like the way they look a lot. I used some of them in a simple adaptation of a plasma fractal program I found on the net:

http://www.openprocessing.org/visuals/?visualID=8528

Thanks for the G4P library....very useful and easy to use.

(Original plasma fractal program written by Justin Seyster)
Reply #11 - Apr 3rd, 2010, 5:53am

I am glad that you like the look. I have drawn them as a first try, copying of course the normal look of swing applets. I ment to improve them later but never got round to do it.

BTW I cannot see your sketch on open processing (it comes up with  a Java screen which lins to a 'download Java' page). I don't have that problem with other sketches on open processing.

Andreas
Reply #12 - Apr 3rd, 2010, 7:46am

Please note I made a mistake in my last post to this thread I meant to say

The bug reported by Bejoscha HAS BEEN FIXED with version 1.5.2 of G4P.   Cheesy

I can't believe I made such a silly mistake, that was the main reason for releasing a new version so soon. Embarrassed
Reply #13 - Apr 3rd, 2010, 8:30am

@AndreasF - weird.... I can see it fine.

Can other people see it

http://www.openprocessing.org/visuals/?visualID=8528
Reply #14 - Apr 3rd, 2010, 8:59am

yep, no problems
Pages: 1 2