We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Processing visuals + audio effetcs in Ableton Live
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing visuals + audio effetcs in Ableton Live (Read 1470 times)
Processing visuals + audio effetcs in Ableton Live
Mar 11th, 2010, 6:31am

Hi,

I know I've aready been posting some questions about it, but still without answers.

So, I ask you again and again.

I have a processing patch, working with OpenCV for cam detection.

It works very great.

http://rapidshare.com/files/361953238/clean02WithoutSound.zip.html

Visuals are what I expected to have.

The problem is that I want sounds to work with It,b ut not directly in P5. I've a sound project in Ableton Live with some audio pists and some effetcs. Sounds sound like ambient.

I just wanna modify effects on sounds like the image is modified with cam interraction in processing. You know for example, you go on the left, image is modify, and delay on sound go from 1 to 100.

I think I have to use promidi to do that, but don't know how.

Can some one help me?

Thanks!
Re: Processing visuals + audio effetcs in Ableton Live
Reply #1 - Mar 11th, 2010, 8:51am

Hi,
I'm new to the whole processing and coding world, but from what I understand, you might wanna look at Reactivision, the software behind "Reactable". I managed to get midi controls in Ableton within a few hours ( newbie inside ) by moving a simple print of their beautifull controllers in front of my webcam.
Hope this can help.

Peace.
Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2010, 6:37am

Maybe someone with midi?
Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2010, 7:14am

Working with MIDI is probably the quickest route to what you're trying to accomplish. Using Ableton as your sound engine can work perfectly well - you're on the right track.

Important first question, though, as this has an impact on the instructions: what OS are you on?

Do you know how to assign MIDI control in Ableton, I assume? (You're going to use the same technique, only with the software sending the messages in place of hardware.)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1