We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Weekly game in Processing - new game posted!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Weekly game in Processing - new game posted! (Read 2727 times)
Weekly game in Processing - new game posted!
Feb 17th, 2010, 3:26pm

I've taken on the task of writing a new game every week, and have just posted my fourth so far. I've had a fair amount of experience with Java as a language, and most of what's been keeping me from making games in the past has been the overhead of managing graphics/sound/etc. rather than working on the actual game - so forcing myself to make something every week, and using Processing to do all the "boring stuff" for me, has worked out fantastically. Still learning the details of what Processing is capable of, and I think it shows in the progression of technical quality in the games I've posted so far.
Anyway, I'd love to get some feedback on my games (especially the latest one, Wavespark). Please try them out at NMcCoy.net and let me know what you think.  Wink

(Sorry, it wouldn't let me hotlink with my current postcount.  Undecided )
Re: Weekly game in Processing - new game posted!
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2010, 4:49pm

the last one is pretty cool. whats your distance record? i need some motivation Smiley
Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2010, 5:55pm

Haven't really been keeping records, so I just did a run and got 22987. Know I can do better though, I botched a landing and wound up stalling just short of the checkpoint. Tongue
Reply #3 - Feb 17th, 2010, 6:06pm

They are all very fun, they just took up like an hour of my time haha.
I really like the concept behind your first game, Great job.
Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2010, 12:25am

Pretty sweet stuff. Last one's my favorite. Well done.
Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2010, 2:05am

Quote:
(Sorry, it wouldn't let me hotlink with my current postcount.  Undecided )

Maybe I am stupid, but I couldn't find out where to check out your games...  Huh
Reply #6 - Feb 18th, 2010, 2:47am

Enjoyed plying the games - one a week is an impressive target - got a time machine Smiley

For those who can't find it here is the link and well worth a visit Grin

http://nmccoy.net/
Reply #7 - Feb 18th, 2010, 11:32am

Hi, thanks for putting the  link.
Played all games and enjoyed the wavespark most. Place 2 goes to no-rain-today and the 3rd place is shared by the other two games, which were less on my style (but impressive processing-programming nevertheless. Just not my taste of game).

Really cool!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1