We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › OSX open GL export error
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
OSX open GL export error (Read 988 times)
OSX open GL export error
Feb 17th, 2010, 9:07am

Hello,

I get the following error when I try to export an open gl sketch.

Error : Init : Unsupported os / arch (Mac OS X /x86_64)

always occurs on every sketch,

any ideas? running Snow Leopard should be upto date with Java

Thanks
Re: OSX open GL export error
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2010, 11:55am

yea, processing just uses the 32-bit libraries and on your system java with 64-bit seems to be set as default.

it's not really a big deal.
see if the following works:
1. close processing
2. open ~/Library/Processing/preferences.txt
3. Look for the line run.options=
4. Change it to run.options=-d32
5. save and then open processing again, see if it works

if you don't mind changing this setting system-wide there's even an easier way:
open the java preferences (e.g. through spotlight), then you'll see two lists, each containing 32- and 64-bit versions of java. drag the 32 one on top in each list. now it should work too...

best, hansi.  
Re: OSX open GL export error
Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2010, 7:26pm

I see this error in Snow Leopard when my exported sketch loads on a website accessed using Safari. I know that I can work around the problem by setting Safari to open in 32 bit mode, but I'd like my applet to run for anyone who comes to my website, without asking them to reconfigure Safari.

Do you know any general way to eliminate this error when running applets in Safari?

Thanks for your help.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1