We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Drag/drop url
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Drag/drop url (Read 728 times)
Drag/drop url
Feb 16th, 2010, 1:38am

It all started with this new design project back at uni, for a chat platform designed for a specific subculture.

I've done the basics in processing, font, layout, color but it needs more than that, so it would be great to find a way to share links with the users of the chat. Say, I find a link that might interest someone, I'd just drag the url from the browser into the chat and it'd appear in the chat room.

I don't know how hard it'd be to get something like that, my experience in coding is not that great, so if you have any suggestions or ideas, they are more than welcome.

Thanks you for your time.  Smiley
Re: Drag/drop url
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2010, 2:44am

hi, you can try the sDrop library. the DropURL example might do what you are looking for (the example will print the URL into processing's console).
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2010, 9:17am

Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for.

I downloaded the library but it doesn't seem to be working. I open the examples from the 'examples' folder and when I run them I get

Code:
the package "sojamo" does not exist. You might be missing a library. 

And below that there's a processing message that says, note that release 1.0, libraries must be installed in a folder named 'libraries' inside the 'sketchbook' folder.

I am a bit confused. So if A is the folder with my processing program, do I put sDrop folder inside A or just the sDrop library? I tried adding it inside the code folder of my program but it won't work.  Undecided Which is a shame, cos its basically what I need.
Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2010, 9:58am

Look at Libraries page, you have this sentence, and another: "To find the Processing sketchbook location on your computer, open the Preferences window from the Processing application and look for the "Sketchbook location" item at the top."

Apparently, lot of people confuse sketchbook (central location of all your sketches) and sketch folder.
Now, putting the jar in the 'code' folder of the sketch folder should have worked.
Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2010, 10:59am

You're right, the sketchbook location was not where I saved my files, but in my documents folder. Into processing folder there was an empty libraries folder where I just put the sDrop folder and everything is fine now.

All that's left is find a way to show the url in the window of the program running instead of the processing console.

Thank you very much for your help.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1