We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › Installing JBox2d in Processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Installing JBox2d in Processing (Read 1465 times)
Installing JBox2d in Processing
Feb 15th, 2010, 4:45pm

I downloaded Jbox2d, and put it in the 'libraries' folder of the processing directory, but now what?  I am very much a noob at this, and I'm trying to find a good physics library for game development, I've had some experience with Box2d in LOVE, but Processing is a whole different game.  Help please?
Re: Installing JBox2d in Processing
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2010, 7:21pm

See Daniel Shiffman's recent post here:
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb2/num_1265684939.html

He's created a library for processing called PBox2D to make it easier to interface with JBox2D.
Reply #2 - Feb 15th, 2010, 7:42pm

okay, so once I have pbox2d installed does that mean I can use jbox2d?  Or do I still need that?  If so, how do I install it?
Reply #3 - Feb 15th, 2010, 8:05pm

As far as I know, you don't need the JBox2D library in your Processing libraries folder. You just install PBox2D and follow Shiffman's tutorials.

That's what I'm doing right now.

So I can't really tell you "how to use it," since the answer to that would be "however you want," as long as you know what's available to use. I found that the JBox2D library is still useful because there's a "doc" folder that has all of the documentation. Since PBox2D is built directly on top of JBox2d, it can be useful.
Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2010, 8:38pm

I'm working on a simple game, so I need simple physics, I'll follow those tutorials.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1