We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpVideo Capture,  Movie Playback,  Vision Libraries › Processing / PD Tricky AV-Export-Problem
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing / PD Tricky AV-Export-Problem (Read 429 times)
Processing / PD Tricky AV-Export-Problem
Feb 15th, 2010, 6:49am

Hej there, here's my Problem:

I wrote an Animation using Processing. It is triggered by PureData (which also generates the Sound) using oscP5.

I'd like to export the whole thing in some way to burn it to DVD. That means i have to record the Sound form PD and export the Animation from processing.

My Problem: I can't manage to get proper (synchronous) output from both programs.

The sound is no problem, as i can plug PD into any Program with JACK (using Ardour, mostly). But the video output is far (far!) from being synchronous to the audiofile.

Resynchronizing afterwards with a video editor seems to be tough, as the animation is based on a millseconds timing.

My approaches so far:

-- GSVideo (I'm using Linux) just outputs a black screen

-- MovieMaker (using a friend's Windows machine) didn't bring me anywhere. The animation looks good at a framerate > 25fps, and i never get more than 5 fps (even without any sound). The framerate doesn't seem constant, at all, which would make resynchronizing even harder ...

-- Different screencapture Progs ... never gave me what i wanted, same problem with the framerate here.

Any ideas ? My next approach would be plugging the wohle thing into a DVD recorder or even using a camera to film it off the screen ...

greets,
n

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1