We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Build scripts missing (Read 1833 times)
Build scripts missing
Feb 12th, 2010, 9:33am

The build scripts are missing from the version I just downloaded
via svn co svn://processing.org/trunk/processing
Re: Build scripts missing
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2010, 7:31pm

Processing is in the middle of a switch away from the build scripts to Apache ANT.

I've been able to get it to build and run on OSX 10.6, and until the documentation is updated I'll offer what I can:

You'll need to install Ant, and configure it. Make sure that the ANT_HOME environmental variable is set to the installation directory, and that JAVA_HOME points at the SDK. I believe this was setup by the Eclipse install on my machine. You should check your particular system to be sure you have it and it is configured correctly. Navigate through the command line to processing/build/, and enter 'ant' to build it. If everything goes smoothly 'ant run' will run the freshly built copy, or you can track it down yourself in processing/build/<OS>/work/
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2010, 12:45pm

As an additional note, ant -version will let you know if it is setup and the version #. Right now I'm running Ant 1.7.1
Reply #3 - Feb 20th, 2010, 5:01am

Thanks, with your help I've succeeded compiling under Linux (Ubuntu) running Ant 1.7.1 too :
Code:
export ANT_HOME="/usr/lib/ant"
export JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk"
ant

Worked like a charm.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1