We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionGeneral Discussion,  Status › Thinking about making a printer...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Thinking about making a printer... (Read 813 times)
Thinking about making a printer...
Feb 9th, 2010, 4:18pm

Just for kicks, I saw the Make: Magazine post about the guy who made his very own teleprinter. Would it be possible to just skip the whole keyboard-entry part and use it to print text instead? Furthermore, would it be possible to create a printer driver that would interface with the Processing program (like the print-to-pdf function that I see in a lot of PDF programs)... I know that it wouldn't be able to print anything other than ASCII text, but I think it would be pretty cool.

In the future, I was thinking about giving it the ability to ASCII-ify any image given to it, but that's in the very distant future.

Any ideas? I was hoping for seamless integration, something where all I would have to do is go to file-print, and select the printer from the list. (I'm running a Mac, btw.)

Help would be greatly appreciated!!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1