We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › importing net libraries creates corrupted .jar
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
importing net libraries creates corrupted .jar (Read 437 times)
importing net libraries creates corrupted .jar
Feb 9th, 2010, 1:30pm

Hey all,

When I try an import anything from the processing.net library (import processing.net.Server, import processing.net.Client, import processing.net.*, etc), everything runs fine in the Processing environment.

However, when I export it, the core.jar, net.jar, and application.jar files all throw up the error "The Java JAR file "xxxxx.jar" could not be launched. Check the Console for possible error messages."

If I comment out the import processing.net.* line, it works fine, but even including that path without implementing anything from the library causes this error.

I can't find any info regarding this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Re: importing net libraries creates corrupted .jar
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2010, 4:48am

You export it in what form? On what platform?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1