We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Processing open processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing open processing? (Read 426 times)
Processing open processing?
Feb 5th, 2010, 1:44pm

Hi folks!

Since I am new to this forum, first hi to you all! I am Sebastian from Vienna, Austria and I am currently building a multitouch table with NUI-Group's CCV.

Ok, so lets get started: I will give you a description of what I would need, but even though I did quite some research, I still can't figure out how to solve this tasks:

This is what I need:
1) A TUIO socket, which I already got running with processing, to read the data coming from CCV (thanks to jonferran here Wink )
2) Sensor input from Arduino -> so I need serial data.
3) I need the processing application to start and run automatically at system start up (Windows XP), since there is no keyboard/mouse attached to the multitouch table.
4) I need to run several, selectable applications

So here is what I thought of:
I found some articles on how to create an executable file from a processing application with java, however it was said that with this method the Serial input won't work.
Thats why I thought I could make a "menu-like" processing application, that is executable and starts automatically at system start (here I don't need serial data), and inside this application there would be several buttons. When one button is pressed (via the multitouch data input), another .pde processing app is opened.
Would that be possible? Can this second application run "over" the first one, so that when you close the second application you return to the first menu-like one again?

I hope you get what I want to do, sorry my English is a little sketchy *g* What would you guys do?
I appreciate your help,
sincerely Sebastian
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1