We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › open(args) used to command vlc problem - help!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
open(args) used to command vlc problem - help! (Read 726 times)
open(args) used to command vlc problem - help!
Feb 5th, 2010, 5:07am

i am in the process of making processing controlling vlc.
i need to let processing output the following in the cmd windows.
Code:
C:\Programmer\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe dshow:// :dshow-adev="Conexant HD Audio input"  --sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=1024,fps=30,width=320,acodec=mp2a,ab=128,scale=1,channels=2,deinterlace,audio-sync}:duplicate{dst=standard{access=file,mux=ps,dst="C:\Output.mpg"},dst=display{}} --extraintf=logger -vvv 

i know its a hard problem but if its cracked a lot of people will benefit from this knowledge as it gived processing the 'skill' to record video with sound using vlc as the recorder.

btw i need to send the following command to stop vlc from recording and finnishing the video:
ctrl+q
Re: open(args) used to command vlc problem - help!
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2010, 5:54am

Perhaps take a look at the Robot class.
Re: open(args) used to command vlc problem - help!
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2010, 10:17am

Thanks for the response Cheesy
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1