We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Processing exported application freezes randomly
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing exported application freezes randomly (Read 738 times)
Processing exported application freezes randomly
Feb 4th, 2010, 4:53pm

I have an app that has been working perfectly when run in the Processing IDE but now I have exported it as an application and it is freezing at random times.

Are there any differences that I should know about when running as an app?

I am using a PC running windows XP. I am using the OSC P5 library (and receiving OSC commands over a LAN. My app is also using the USB port to send DMX to an enttec DMX Pro.

This is being used in an installation that goes live on Monday. I HAVE to solve this issue asap :S

Re: Processing exported application freezes randomly
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2010, 6:46pm

Hi,

I responded to your other post as well, but my advice is to check the java console during these freezes.  On Windows XP the Java console can be accessed at the lower right, in the icon bar.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1