We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware,  Documentation,  Website Suggestions › Copyright on Tutorials and Examples
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Copyright on Tutorials and Examples (Read 1347 times)
Copyright on Tutorials and Examples
Feb 4th, 2010, 2:30pm

Hello,

I've seen the copyright stating that the Reference is Creative commons, but I was wondering about the tutorials and examples. Some of them are adapted from books, but I was wondering if their publication copyright still applied.

I wanted to write some documentation for openFrameworks and I thought it'd be a good start to follow the processing docs, but replace the processing for C++. I think that'd reduce the limitations to moving from one platform to another.
Re: Copyright on Tutorials and Examples
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2010, 3:03pm

i dont know about the copyrights but i believe porting simple processing examples to openframeworks. makes it much easier for people who are familiar with processing to try out of...
i definitely like the idea.

i am sure as long as you offer the tutorials under the same CC licence it should be fine. but maybe somebody can aswer that question.
Re: Copyright on Tutorials and Examples
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2010, 2:26am

I suggest to contact fry and REAS, they should own most of the code (except when they credit somebody else) and at least can answer questions about these rights.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1