We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › Soundbytes from live audio stream
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Soundbytes from live audio stream? (Read 1202 times)
Soundbytes from live audio stream?
Feb 2nd, 2010, 8:25am

Hi,

I'm trying to take a soundbyte from a live audio stream such as an online radio station, etc.? Is that possible? And if so, how do I do it?

I'm very new to Processing so my knowledge is limited but any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Fionn
Re: Soundbytes from live audio stream?
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2010, 1:14pm

how, i don't know how to play audio streams in processing directly, but you can open audio streams in apps like iTunes/Winamp/etc and route audio to processing with Soundflower or JACK
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2010, 2:41pm

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do, but you can use this open source recording software called CamStudio (camstudio.org) - I've used it to grab quick sound bites from live web-radio casts.
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2010, 12:17pm

I use cam studio for bites from several podcasts. should work the same.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1