We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › How to debug a p5 windows exported app
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How to debug a p5 windows exported app? (Read 463 times)
How to debug a p5 windows exported app?
Feb 1st, 2010, 3:46am

I have some problems when exporting the new version of an app i've been programming. The changes I've implemented shouldn't have any effect on the app really, and when i run it from the Processing IDE it works fine....

So this is quite a mind-bending problem given the fact that i have no idea how to debug an exported windows app and therefore i can't see any console output...

Any suggestions/ideas??  Sad

Cheers,
Pedro.
Re: How to debug a p5 windows exported app?
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2010, 5:24am

Possibly, you can attach a debugger (Eclipse, NetBeans...) to the running process, but I never tried.
Or, you can use a logger. I shown a simple (simplistic...) example in the Processing to send e-mail or SMS thread. It is intended to replace the println since we don't know how to get this output (unless somebody has an idea for that...).

[EDIT] I just improved the logger. Still simplistic, but a bit more flexible and useful, now. Can output to System.out if you want, eg. when running in the PDE.
Find the code at: ShowInfo sketch (illustrating its use).
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1