We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › java/bin/java: No such file or directory
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
java/bin/java: No such file or directory (Read 1653 times)
java/bin/java: No such file or directory
Jan 29th, 2010, 3:47am

I have Java installed but I get an error when trying to run Processing:
Code:

./processing: line 100: /home/action_owl/Desktop/processing-1/processing-1.0.9/java/bin/java: No such file or directory

if I navigate to "/home/action_owl/Desktop/processing-1/processing-1.0.9/java/bin/java"
The file does exist but trying to execute it returns:

Code:
Failed to execute child process "/home/action_owl/Desktop/processing-1/processing-1.0.9/java/bin/java" (No such file or directory). 

I'm Running Arch Linux x86_64
Any Ideas?
Thanks
Re: java/bin/java: No such file or directory
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2010, 9:04am

Did you check the executable permissions (or use something like chmod +ax) right away.
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2010, 3:25pm

yes sir
Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2010, 2:30am

Will I need 32bit Java installed for it to work in 64bit ?
I just ran processing on a 32bit version of the same Distrobution with no fuss, the only difference between the two is one is 32 one is 64?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1