We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › generative 3d mapping projection
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
generative 3d mapping projection (Read 900 times)
generative 3d mapping projection
Jan 25th, 2010, 4:19am

i have come up with some thoughts on a future project.
it consist of some different techs

3d mapping which is where you form you video output to match a given structure in reality. so it feels like the real form has a virtual layer.

generative forming of cubes on eachother:
i need to in the start make the sculpture of which i want to project on so i thought insteead of producing something with a lot of thought in it why not generate the sculpture from an algorhythm - like 24 blocks with a sidelength on each side with minimum 50 and maximum 150 units length, some sort of desission about structure so they build upwise and also so they align like in a corner. (i only project from one angle)

some sort of way to make canvases in processing which i can stretch to fill a given plane or side. by dragging corner points and etc. these canvas should be able to either work as one massive canvas or individual canvas with different functions running inside bouncing ball for example.

some way to have the sculpture in 3d including the canvasses in processing so i can control the the direction of overview light and shadow like. so it feels like i am moving the projector light around the sculopture but in reality moving the virtual lightsource around a 3d rendering reminding in total of the real sculpture.

any thoughts are welcome!!!

kind regards
johannes
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1