We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Processing in Eclipse: problem with rotation
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing in Eclipse: problem with rotation (Read 953 times)
Processing in Eclipse: problem with rotation
Jan 18th, 2010, 1:16am

Ahoi and hi,

my first post: I study computer science and have a project for visualization of fuzzy-data. I choose eclipse as framework and embedded the core.jar from processing into my project. All works fine. But I have to rotate an object and I figured out, that the point of angle is the left upper corner. So I become problems with calculations, cause of performance. In the documentation I read that rotation is center of object?! But not in eclipse - my question: is there any possibility to say processing in eclipse to make it at the center of object?

Hope you understand what I mean. =)

Thanks for reading,
Re: Processing in Eclipse: problem with rotation
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2010, 2:40am

Hi and welcome,

Processing shouldn't be different in Eclipse.

To specify a different center where the rotation is applied, you may see it as a set of transformations:

0. Determine the center of your shape.
1. Move the shape center to the scene center (0,0,0). (-t1)
2. Apply the transformation (rotate)
3. Move back the shape to the original place. (+t1)
Re: Processing in Eclipse: problem with rotation
Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2010, 4:04am

Hi,

yeah sry my team do not realize, that we first have to translate before rotation. Everythings fine now. Sry had found a post after opening this topic. :/ What am I a nooby noob noob
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1