We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSound,  Music Libraries › How to communicate with live
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
How to communicate with live? (Read 1977 times)
How to communicate with live?
Jan 14th, 2010, 9:53pm

Hi, not very advanced on sound programming in processing, I have a question about sync p5 and Ableton Live.

My question is about how recover and use sound generated by P5?

I've a sketch with image recongition and generating sound directly from image data using minim library. I just have a little trick which is a mp3 saving of the sound generated while runing program.

but, do you know how to get sound in live in real-time while runing program? need a library? OSC?

Thanks
Re: How to communicate with live?
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2010, 1:51am

i am not sure you can stream sound with osc since it is meant to exchange control messages e.g. over a network. in case you are on a mac, i recommend to take a look at soundflower a "system extension that allows applications to pass audio to other applications".
Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2010, 4:37pm

thanks for your answer sojamo, seeing what's possible with that. Will post results.
Reply #3 - Jan 21st, 2010, 6:27pm

Somenoe have idea how to get processing runing app sound in realtime in live7?
Reply #4 - Jan 22nd, 2010, 12:18am

Another alternative to SoundFlower is Jack. There is an excellent library called JJack which provides an interface between Java and Jack so that you can choose Jack as the JavaSound audio driver. You can then send audio straight to any other app (which is the purpose of Jack). A slightly more cumbersome alternative would be to use JVSTWrapper, which allows you to write VST plugins in Java (but then again, that is at odds with the tradition of running Processing code in an applet).
Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2010, 3:25am

i want to thank everyone who shared their knowledge about on How to communicate with live.....

gudluk n kipsafe....
Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2010, 10:57am

did you mean live messenger by typing live?

i also try to googling some topic, and yes live messenger can do live chat, even live voice chat

hope it helps

just a curious newbie Smiley cheers!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1