We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpProcessing Implementations › running processing on a pen drive/ portable apps.c
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
running processing on a pen drive/ portable apps.c (Read 1620 times)
running processing on a pen drive/ portable apps.c
Jan 12th, 2010, 1:19am

HI Everyone,
I've been trying to get processing working on a pen drive, under portable apps.
One thing i'm trying to do is dynamically link to the documents folder,
the documents folder is above the processing folder, i can dynamically link to a folder inside the processing folder.
ie ../sketchbook
Which is actually at F:\PortableApps\Processing\sketchbook
But i'd like it to be linked to
F:\Documents\Processing sketchbook
But I'd like to link to it dynamically so that the drive letter does not matter to the application.
Any help would be great!
Thanks

Pete
Re: running processing on a pen drive/ portable apps.c
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2010, 2:40am

The topic belongs more to Integration section.
Here is for Processing in non-Java languages.
(Two messages in a row with same issue. Nobody read section descriptions Or are they too concise/obtuse)

Beside, I don't understand your problem. What are you calling "dynamic link"
Re: running processing on a pen drive/ portable apps.c
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2010, 6:55am

Hi,
I'll copy the post over,
but what i am trying to do is run processing on a pen drive which could have any device name, ie F:\, Y:\ Z:\ etc
Thus i need the links to be dynamic so they don't rely on drive name.
Secondly i want to put the sketches dir in a Documents folder, which as shown in my first post.
Processing can do ../somewhere but that is relative to processing dir, i would like to go above that dir but still code it without the use of the drive leeter,
P
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1