We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexDiscussionExhibition › Gah Invaders (3D game)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Gah Invaders (3D game) (Read 2551 times)
Gah Invaders (3D game)
Jan 10th, 2010, 10:40am

Hunt the Gah and Ogros in 3D!!
Storyline
Centuries ago your people colonised the planet Pycill and enslaved the natives, the Ogro. Life has been good for your race but now your ancient enemy, the Gah, have landed and armed the Ogros. Your scanner shows that they appear to be searching for something. Whatever it is your task to destroy them all as fast as possible. The Ogro are big and ugly and easy to catch, the Gah will be harder. Armed with the latest in plasma weapons you are ready to hunt them down.

http://www.lagers.org.uk/gallery/applets/gahinvaders/index.html

Hope you enjoy my latest offering.
Smiley
Re: Gah Invaders (3D game)
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2010, 12:43pm

Do you run out of ammo? I shot all the guys except the last one, and then my gun wouldn't fire any more.
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2010, 12:54pm

i believe its because you can only shoot an infinit number of shots. but if they dont hit anything they just seem to fly arround forever. at least it looked like thats the problem.
Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2010, 1:23pm

I noticed that too...all those shots flying around in the sky. I guess they need a certain lifespan, or cycle the array....
Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2010, 12:52am

You have an infinite number of shots but a maximum of 10 on the go at any particular time. The shots do have a lifetime of a few seconds but I'll double check that. I certainly haven't experienced the same problems.

If you fire into the air while moving at maximum speed then the shot will be visible for some time due to relative velocity.

Hope you enjoyed it anyway.
Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2010, 1:07am

i will play it again, i wanna beat the 5 minutes you mentioned Smiley
Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2010, 1:14am

251,8 seconds. Yeah  Cheesy
Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2010, 12:01pm

Well done best so far.
Smiley
Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2010, 2:35pm

kudos!! the story of the SuperFlashOmegaDragon8 resembles so many but has a lemon twist!! if/when you have a md2 laying around, please, make it possible to place it on pure gl mode!!!, like vertex arrays, etc, things are much faster in pure hd! cheers and sorry for the spam!
Reply #9 - Jan 20th, 2010, 4:56am

Movement of enemies looks pretty good.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1