We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOpenGL and 3D Libraries › Problems getting back to processing
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Problems getting back to processing (Read 1529 times)
Problems getting back to processing
Jan 8th, 2010, 4:32pm

Hi everyone.
My name is Telmo Rocha and i've used processing for quite a bit till about one year ago.
This past few days i decided to make a small sketch just for the practice sake. But to my surprise i came to some errors.

Its seems that new Processing's version and my Java are in some kind of disagreement. The error print is the follow:

Code:
Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.VerifyError: (class: processing/opengl/PGraphicsOpenGL, method: bindTexture signature: (Lprocessing/core/PImage;)V) Bad access to protected data
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2699)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1657)
at processing.core.PApplet.makeGraphics(PApplet.java:1158)
at processing.core.PApplet.size(PApplet.java:998)
at processing.core.PApplet.size(PApplet.java:958)
at inJet.setup(inJet.java:24)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1402)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1327)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

*This was with a simple OpenGL'ed size().
This is the same error i get if i try to run _any_ of the OpenGL library examples.
This is happeving to me having the latest Processing version, and the laters Java update.
I've also tryed some other OpenGL Java online applet without a problem.

I have no idea what happening, or if this is a known error. But i decided to post it here since i'm only having problems with OpenGL Apps.

Did anyone else came up with this type of errors or have some kind of idea why am i having this error?
Any kind of information would be most useful.

Thanks all.
Re: Problems getting back to processing
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2010, 2:51pm

post some code, dude...    Wink
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2010, 7:40am

Like i said previously, _ANY_ OpenGl's example that already comes with Processing download produces that error.

Code:

import processing.opengl.*;

void setup(){
size( 100, 100, OPENGL);
}

that code also does it mate.
Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2010, 9:24am

Works fine for me... must be some conflict.  What OS, Processing, and Java versions you running?
Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2010, 2:56pm

Processing latest version.
Java latest update.

there's no longer urgency in this, but still Processing is a thing i like to have fully funccioning cause every once in a while i feel like doing a sketch.

thanks all.
Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2010, 10:00am

I've had this problem also.

It's probably because you have the openGL library inside your library folder (in the sketch folder) which is a duplicate.

If that's the case, try deleting that opengl folder because you don't need it there. That's why the error happens on every opengl sketch.

That was my problem.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.5
Processing 1.0.9.

Hope it helps
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1