We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › accesing comopnents in an arraylist
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
accesing comopnents in an arraylist (Read 575 times)
accesing comopnents in an arraylist
Dec 18th, 2009, 11:52am

Hello,

I am using an arraylist for creating new objects on the fly. I want to be able to pass variable data from one new object to another though, and can't. I can crate a for loop and cast a new object for iterating over the group but I want to be able call different, specific data from any objects.

I am messing around with a node based gui. Don't know waht for, but I'm having fun and hit a bump. Similar to pd/maxmsp I am drawing connections. Any suggestions on how to handle the variable routing would be awesome.  

Thanks
Jon
Re: accesing comopnents in an arraylist
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2009, 9:08am

You description is a bit too generic.
"I want to be able to pass variable data from one new object to another though"
Just make one object to call a method in the second object with the variable data as parameter.
If that's not what you looked for, please provide more details.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1