We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpOther Libraries › HELP proMidi is hurting
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
HELP proMidi is hurting (Read 583 times)
HELP proMidi is hurting
Dec 17th, 2009, 12:39pm

So I have my assignment in Processing due tomorrow, and now when i turn on my processing sketch I get this error message:

Code:
Exception in thread "Animation Thread" java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.media.sound.MidiInDeviceProvider$MidiInDeviceInfo
at de.humatic.mmj.spi.CoreMidiProvider.getDevice(CoreMidiProvider.java:122)
at javax.sound.midi.MidiSystem.getMidiDevice(MidiSystem.java:200)
at promidi.MidiIO.getAvailablePorts(MidiIO.java:182)
at promidi.MidiIO.<init>(MidiIO.java:122)
at promidi.MidiIO.getInstance(MidiIO.java:143)
at mandala1.setup(mandala1.java:69)
at processing.core.PApplet.handleDraw(PApplet.java:1402)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:1327)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

The line of code that is highlighted is this:
Code:

midiIO = MidiIO.getInstance(this);

This morning I installed a firmware update on my computer, could this be the problem? This assignment is due TOMORROW so please let me know if you have any answers. Everything was working perfectly yesterday...

(I ran some sketches from the proMidi library and they give me the same message, its a problem with the computer maybe... any ideas?)
Re: HELP proMidi is hurting
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2009, 8:37pm

No worries people I solved it in time.

The new Mac OS java update has its own midi for java hardware driver, so i had to uninstall mmj, problem solved.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1